Saturday, January 28, 2012

Painting/Illustrating Like A Mad Fool

Since the new year began I have been focusing on the children's book my friend Peggy wrote and wanted me to illustrate. Honestly, a book is a big chunk of work. We have the layout done and it's looking like it will be 13 or so paintings by the end of it. I've spent days doing studies of monkeys to get the right feel for his character and others in the story, and have been painting with the majority of my free time. But all the work is not in vain. Pages 1, 2 & 3 are complete (12x18 watercolor paintings) and were presented to the author yesterday. She was beyond pleased and has more for me to illustrate when this one is done. So my this may provide non-stop work for me if all goes well. But for now, I've got 10 more pages to go.

3 comments: